Before you begin:
- You should already have completed an EXPRESS PC disclosure form and have a PIN (Personal Identification Number) assigned. If you do not, you may print the Express PC Authorization For PIN from the Financial Forms page and mail it or drop it off at our nearest branch location. A PIN will be mailed to your address of record.
- We support the current versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape; however we have tested the site successfully using the current version of Mozilla Firefox and most recent versions of Apple Safari. We did find a problem with the display of statements in Safari version 2.0.2 that we expect to be corrected in 2.0.3. If using any other browser, use the latest release possible.
- If you intend to import account history into a financial management program, the PC application program (MS Money or Quicken) should be at a current release.
Express PC/Home Banking download instructions
The following instructions address downloading financial transactions to your personal computer (PC) from your True North FCU account using our Express PC/Home Banking service.
Remember to backup your MS Money or Quicken master file before importing new data.
Downloading financial transactions:
- Sign on to EXPRESS PC/HOME BANKING using your credit union account number and assigned PIN.
- Click on the ACCOUNTS button. you will see your account types and summary information listed.
- Click on the name of the account for which you wish to download transactions. At this point, your screen should look similar to the following display:
- Click on the Download Transactions button found at the top, left of your screen.
- The following Download Transactions screen will display:
Choose a Document Type:
|Microsoft Money® 1998 or later
||Microsoft Money® (OFX) - Open Financial Exchange.
Versions 1995 through 2004 will accept (QIF).
|Microsoft Money® 1997
||Microsoft Money® (OFC). Choose the Quicken (QIF) Document Type if you are not sure.
|Quicken 2002 or later
||Quicken (QFX) - Open Financial Exchange
Versions through 2004 will accept (QIF).
|Quicken 1998 through 2002
||Quicken (QIF) format.
|Quick Books 2003 or 2004
||QuickBooks (QBO) - Open Financial Exchange.
|Excel or any PC application requiring Comma separated values
||Document Type Excel (Comma separated).
To find the version number, check 'Properties' (Windows®) or 'About' in the Apple Menu (Macintosh®).
Choose Transaction Dates:
Download the File:
- The first selection, 'All New Transactions' is designed to pick up new transactions since the last download, but may not give the expected results. We recommend that you always use the 'Transactions Between' option.
- Click the radio button next to 'Transactions between' and choose a begin date which is the first day after the date you balanced your account. Normally this would be the first day of the month after balancing to a month end statement. The range entered must fall within 92 days (approximately. three months) from today's date and there should be no more than 300 transactions within the range. The download will end when you reach 92 days of history, or 300 transactions.
- Click on the Download button to continue.
- If your choice for Document Type is (QIF) for Quicken, the following screen will display. You will not see this screen when downloading any other file type.
- For all file types with the exception of Microsoft Money® (OFX), the File Download screen is displayed. When you click 'Save' another screen is displayed, prompting you to choose a file name and where the file will be saved.
NOTE: Remember where you save the file and what you name it, as you will need this information when you start your financial management program (MS Money or Quicken).
Should you have any questions or need additional information, please send us an email message to email@example.com and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Save the file.
- Exit and sign off of EXPRESS PC/HOME BANKING.
- Start your financial management program.
- Import the file you just downloaded and saved on your PC.
- If you select the file type Microsoft Money® (OFX) the transaction data is imported automatically the next time you run the program. You have the option of starting Money immediately after downloading, by clicking 'Yes' when prompted as shown below.