We support your financial goals at every turn, and that means providing information you can use to make better decisions about using your money. Here you'll find a library of resources that cover multiple topics.
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America Consumer Information: The Mortgage Bankers Association of America is the preeminent association representing the real estate finance industry. Their consumer information site contains several tools and guides to aid in purchasing or refinancing a home.
- Federal Reserve Board Consumer Information: The Federal Reserve Board maintains a website with consumer information, including a section on home mortgages. The section covers topics such as finding the best mortgage and understanding ARMs.
- Homebuyer Education by Freddie Mac: Freddie Mac is a publicly held corporation chartered by Congress to increase the supply of funds that mortgage lenders, such as commercial banks, mortgage bankers, savings institutions and credit unions, can make available to homebuyers and multifamily investors. This Freddie Mac site offers a step-by-step tutorial on the home buying decision process and the mortgage application process.
- United States Postal Service Official Movers Guide: What happens after you complete the purchase process? This U.S. Postal Service site provides all kinds of tools and tips to help make the moving process easier.
State of Alaska Resources
- PFD (Alaska's Permanent Fund Dividend Division website)
Personal Finance Resources
- Learn about Go Direct: True North backs direct deposit of Social Security payments.
- MasterCard SecureCode: Online security service to guard you against unauthorized use of your MasterCard card while shopping online at participating merchants.
- My Travel Wallet: Buy foreign currency online before your next vacation.
- FTC Facts For Consumers: This Federal Trade Commission site explains your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), and how you can obtain free credit reporting information.
- Consumer Credit Counseling of Alaska: Nonprofit community service organization affiliated with the National Foundation For Consumer Credit, offering cash management counseling, debt management planning and more.
- What You Should Know About Your Checks: Information about Check 21 and substitute checks.
- Reading the MICR line on your checks: What do the numbers on the bottom of your checks mean?
- CARFAX: Learn the history of your dream car, before you buy.
Consumer Security Resources
- Digital Defense: Valuable training courses on topics relating to all things in the digital world.
- Prevent Identity Theft: Watch this video to help you learn how to protect yourself from identity theft.
- NCUA Fraud Hotline: (800) 827-9650
- FTC Identity Theft Site: The Federal Trade Commission's website on identity theft, what it is and how to protect yourself.
- Identity Theft Prevention and Survival: Valuable links and information. The identity theft survival kit.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse: Publications providing practical tips for privacy protection.
- NCUA Fraud Prevention Center: Learn how to recognize common scams, take action if you think you are a victim of fraud, and what you can do to protect your finances from fraud.
- Index to Consumer Protection Topics from the Alaska Department of Law